[CentOS] mail tools preferences?

Alessio Fattorini alessio.fattorini at nethesis.it
Tue Jan 21 08:29:02 UTC 2014

Il 18/01/2014 18:45, Les Mikesell ha scritto:

>>> This is the realm for ClearOS, SME, or Nethserver which will have a
>>> reasonable mail system working out of the box instead of the months it
>>> will take someone to get the details right from scratch.   But, no, it
>>> isn't likely to match Google in terms of either reliability or ease of
>>> use - and especially in searchability.
..
> The  base CentOS is like a toolbox that lets you assemble whatever you
> want.  And it is very mature, well tested code.  But,
> ClearOS/SME/Nethserver have that same code base plus lots of man-hours
> put into making all the standard services you are likely to need come
> up working out of the box with a simple web interface to add users and
> manage it.   So, they are automatically 'as good' as Centos, and
> better if you happen to want what they do.

Hi Les,
thanks for this explanation, you have described very well what
NethServer is :-) in this case you can install a pre-configured and
tested mailserver (postifix + dovecot +amavis) with a simple:
# yum install nethserver-mail-server
(see
http://dev.nethserver.org/projects/nethserver/wiki/Nethserver-mail-server)
I use this with my Thunderbird, no problem in terms of reliability and
searchability.

--
Alessio Fattorini