[CentOS] Permissions for LAMP

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jan 25 18:00:12 UTC 2014

On 1/25/2014 6:20 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> On my setup I have all web pages in a special root directory
>
> /data/web/do/domain-name/sub-domain-name/files .....
>
> with a non-standard user having rw-r-r
>
> Apache can't write to anything except
>
> /data/web/logs/
>
> I have self-created web site defences which, instantly after the first
> hacking attempt, block the hacker's IP address. I am not giving hackers
> unlimited opportunities to continuing trying to break-in.

and you have configured SELinux to allow all this?

FWIW, I usually put websites in /home/someuser/html  where each virtual
host has its own user account who owns said files, and manages his own
stuff.  even if that user is really me, I use sudo to log on as a given
user to edit that site's files.

re: your intrusion detection system, mod_evasive is a useful tool for
creating such.