[CentOS] off NM problem [low priority]

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Jan 25 20:45:06 UTC 2014

On Centos 6.5, I use NM to bring up the VPN to my office, and to disconnect
from it.

every now and then I screw up and disconnect the LAN itself instead of
the VPN.

once I do that, even after reconnecting to the LAN I'm hosed.

/etc/resolv.conf hasn't been put back to the non-VPN version, so I manually
fix that.

but even then I can't get any name resolution.

I'm sure that rebooting IS NOT the right answer, but it's the only one
I've come up with that solves the problem.

What should I be doing instead, once the system is in this state?

thanks!