[CentOS] Booting problem after update, how to track order of starting services

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Mon Jan 27 14:18:42 UTC 2014

Hi.

I have updated system/server that worked for a long time. It was upgrade
from 6.4 to latest.

After restart, system freezes after most/all of the daemons are booted.

 From interactive mode I found out that services starting are:

atd
jexec
atieventsd
libvirtd
certmonger
libvirt-guests
local
nxsensor
nxserver
webmin

As soon as I allow webmin to pass, system freezes. BUT, if I stop after
nxserver, and leave booting process at question weather to start webmin,
and I login via SSH, I can start webmin.

Question is how I find out what comes after webmin service.

/var/log/messages is not written to, and I do not see anything in
/var/log/boot.log

System can operate normally if I leave it like that, I can even log-in
via NX.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)