[CentOS] NIS or not?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 18:34:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Matt Garman <matthew.garman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Here you may not realize you're distinguishing between authentication and
>> authorization.
>
> Yeah, I forgot to mention that we already have Kerberos in place for
> authentication.  It's authorization that is currently done by hand and
> checked with a manual script.  (I needed that for the secure mount
> options NFSv4 provides.)

What is it that your scripts tweak?  I have a small setup using
kerberos against an AD for authentication, but the linux servers have
their own passwd files for the small subset of users there.  /home is
shared from one server to all of the others in the set.   This worked
when initially set up with matching users (w/matching uids) but when I
added new ones, nfsv4 mapped them to 'nobody' until I rebooted the
clients.   Restarting nfs and/or idmapd didn't help.  Is there some
way to make added users work?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com