[CentOS] Reading .xlsx files with python?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 28 22:37:05 UTC 2014

Larry Martell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Anyone know what package my user can use to read .xlsx files with python
>> in CentOS 6?
>
> I believe xlrd does.:
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.9.2

That's 0.9.2. I just installed the latest package from the usual repos,
and it's  python-xlrd-0.6.1-10.el6.noarch, and my user reports that
doesn't work. Suprises me, that being from Excel 2007, and Libre Office
reads it fine. I gave that suggestion to him as a workaround - import into
LibreOffice, and export, but he's trying to automate this. I did see what
seems to be a perl package, but he's working in python.

      mark