[CentOS] NIS or not?

Jeffrey Hass xaccusa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 07:47:05 UTC 2014

Hi friend -

what is your end goal with this effort to obtain security with your
nodes over the 'wire' -

there are some other solutions -- kerberos is now used heavily by
microsoft so that's enough to make me
run for the hills... just saying..

i've set up other solutions to be sure -- even against the blasted (not
a real LDAP) AD.

anyway.. just some thoughts... it's not trivial. any of the solutions, btw.
not at all..

j/h
San Francisco/Holland/Saudi Arabia

389882830-$$ (for those that know)