[CentOS] Booting Software RAID

Jeffrey Hass xaccusa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 19:49:28 UTC 2014

That's great advice.. I've *across the universe* also sectioned off
/home  directory and /opt
Not to counter anything here, no sir eee, to add.. to the sane request
from the previous mention...

It can make the difference sometimes with fast restores and there is a
slight performance increase depending
on the I/O activity and threads of the actual server and its role. Just
saying...
Don't flame.. I've been there; plus tax and went down there and brought
back the souvenir.. really  :)

At the end of the day, backups are just native commands, pick one: tar,
cpio (yeah, still being used) etc.
wrapped up in a script/program if you want to be a purist -

Here's something: I've done before and /after performance testing with
real time data and User requests
with just the 'basic' file partioning and then Partioning the partition
-- really does wonders..
Of course your RAID solution comes into play, here, too.... This is with
CentOS (whatever Unix type system).
Apple slices up pretty good on their MAC OS - // think freeBSD combined
with NeXT and some other interesting
concoction of lovelies...  and....

Oh, there is no counter or 'ideal' way to do this.. because why? EVERY
infrastructure, culture, 'way we do it around here..'
dictators are very different -- as always, your mileage may /vary/ == SO
this isn't a 'how to' but a nice, could do...

Been there, got the,,, oh, I already addressed that.
Have fun.. Better than digging a ditch.
TASTE GREAT; LESS FILLING

~ so,

/swap
/OS - whatever you want to call it, I don't call it OS in Unix/Linux,
but that's fine
/opt
/usersHOMEdir

Pretty clean; simple.. Anyone says different, they're justifying their job.
Nothing to justify here.

Good call though otherwise. I like it.

Wizard of Hass!
Left Coast