[CentOS] Antwort: Re: netcdf

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:31:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 9:30 AM, dip patel <dip.patel6555 at gmail.com> wrote:
> it can  not b possible cause i m working in ISRO - PRL and it had a 348
> node cluster and that all system is already running on Cent os so it is not
> possible to change whole system due to this single problem my head doesnt
> allow to me for this

OK, the _first_ thing you need to do is look at the EPEL (Extra
Packages for Enterprise Linux) section of
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories.   And
understand that the rpm packages in that repository do not overwrite
any base system packages (although they may conflict with other 3rd
party packages).   These packages are known to work on RHEL/CentOS -
something you can't say for some random tarball you compile yourself.

After you install the epel-release package, you can use 'yum search
packagename', 'yum info packagename', yum install packagename, etc.,
and subsequent 'yum update' runs will do the right things.     Or if
you want to do it the hard way you can download the individual rpm
packages, install them in dependency order, and watch for updates
yourself.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com