[CentOS] Yumex in 6.5 minimal -

Darr247 darr247 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 21:21:26 UTC 2014

On 30 January 2014 @16:36 zulu, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> Yes, I think you are right. I don't really need yumex, it's just
> convenient to have when first setting up when starting from  a minimal
> system. I can get the yum information elsewhere without yumex running in
> the system I was working on.
>
> Let's drop it there.

You can disprove that by booting to GNOME...
(logoff, then after selecting your username at the logon screen, change
the Sessions picklist that appears on the task bar to GNOME instead of
xfce, then enter your password and logon again... it remembers the last
selection on successive logins, so just switch it back to xfce prior to
the next logon)
and trying to start yumex from that desktop.

I'll wager you will see the same error in GNOME.

It sounds like somehow the yum backend isn't starting in time for yumex
to detect it and give you the root password prompt, but it's not giving
you enough info to fully debug the problem.