[CentOS] samba vs LDAP - can I see LDAP logs, please?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Jan 31 06:59:49 UTC 2014

On 1/30/2014 10:44 PM, Dirk Olmes wrote:
> Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the LDAP server does not run on the
> same machine - hence no slapd debugging as described in the blog post:-(
>
> Since samba issues LDAP queries itself I was hoping to make samba itself
> log those queries ...

can you ask the LDAP server admin if they will kick on some detail
logging while you're testing, and forward you the filtered logs ?

or, albeit a bit more work, use Wireshark to sniff the LDAP protocol and
analyze it.  this will require you to learn something about how LDAP
works at the lowest level, but should be about as enlightening as it gets :)