[CentOS] Cemtos 7 : Systemd alternatives ?

Tue Jul 15 16:02:38 UTC 2014
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On 07/15/2014 11:57 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Which contradicts the long post from the guy I was responding to, who
> said it *only* did start, stop, restart....

I figured it was a typo on his part, leaving out 'reload' like that, as
condrestart is also missing, and it's part of the standard set. I took
it more as, for instance, the PostgreSQL initscript's 'initdb' command,
which is a unique one, is no longer directly supported as a command line
option.  I haven't looked at what PostgreSQL's unit under C7 does as yet
if a database instance doesn't exist, but I'm sure it's already been
thought through; I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Read the man page for yourself.