[CentOS] ssh-askpass in bash script

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:15:53 UTC 2014

> so how do you do things like cron automated rsync transfers?   run
> nagios monitoring agent scripts?  backup scripts? etc etc etc?

Ok. Now you're making fun. But to answer your questions, we don't rsync in
this environment, the way we should. The whole environment is entirely
under-scripted and we don't have the manpower to allow me to script it up
to par. Blah blah, excuse excuse. My day is go go from the time I get to
work to the time I leave, without much time to be creative where it could
benefit the dept.

But for backups I setup bacula to run over TLS. Works great! Next question?

what, you have an operator who hovers over the keyboard entering

passphrases ?

Yes. That would be me.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 2:06 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 3/2/2014 10:55 AM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> > Exactly right. I'm using authorized_keys on the remote host. But I have a
> > long, complex passphrase on my private RSA key on my workstation. I think
> > it's a little foolish to not do that, and in addition it's prohibited by
> > company policy to use keypairs for ssh without passphrases.
>
> so how do you do things like cron automated rsync transfers?   run
> nagios monitoring agent scripts?  backup scripts? etc etc etc?
>
> what, you have an operator who hovers over the keyboard entering
> passphrases ?
>

> --
> john r pierce                                      37N 122W
> somewhere on the middle of the left coast

GPG me!!