[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:13:22 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Since I've never used gmail (and refuse to ever do so), I don't know the
> interface... other that to note that *all* webmail ranges from "mostly
> useable" (I'm using squirrelmail here at work for my own account) to
> utterly lousy (i.e., Lookout, er, Outlook Web Access).

Heh.   If you use gmail's web interface, you don't even care about how
someone responds.  It will automatically hide the parts you've already
seen, regardless of how they are quoted or whether they are
above/below the new parts.  It replaces them with ellipses (...) that
you can click to expand in case you've forgotten the context, and it
(optionally) places the message in its thread context with the posts
you have already read collapsed, but likewise easily expanded.  And of
course if you need to find something that isn't already arranged to be
a click away you can search for it.  Google knows how to search.

Also, I'm willing to bet that that Outlook Web server that you are
ranting about is the decade+ old 2003 version.  The 2010 version is
not bad at all (and I say that reluctantly, not being a big MS fan in
general).  Sometimes newer is better.  Especially 10 years newer.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com