[CentOS] gnutls bug

David C. Miller millerdc at fusion.gat.com
Thu Mar 6 00:56:50 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Perhaps a good analogy is with old and crusty WindowsXP. You have the original release of WindowsXP(CentOS 6.0), then came WindowsXP service pack1(centOS 6.1), then service pack2(centos 6.2), etc. The one big difference is that you can pick and choose exactly which packages that ship with CentOS get updated. So in your case all you would need to do is "yum update gnutls" and that would save you from having to compile from source.

I have to ask though, How did you stand up an HPC cluster and individual CentOS nodes without learning how this works?

David C. Miller