[CentOS] ISO mag card encoding and writing

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Mon Mar 10 19:56:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 14:16 -0400, James B. Byrne wrote:

> We have a potential requirement to produce a limited number of embossed PVC
> cards with magnetic encoding for an internal project.

Why not consider either keyfobs or credit-card size cards with embedded
RFID tags ?  Each RFID has a unique ID.

Chinese sellers on Ebay sell them extremely cheaply; there is a 2-3 week
postal delivery delay.

I have no knowledge of interfacing them to a computer system.

I saw my first magnetic strips at an IFIP exhibition around 1970.

Regards,

Paul.

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.