[CentOS] Install from cdrom and Update repo

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Sat Mar 15 22:32:49 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 08:53:47AM -0700, EljiUdia wrote:
> I expose my supposition, wherewith I try to close this thread..

Please trim your replies and bottom post.

Your adapted kickstart file works fine for me when using
CentOS-6.5-x86_64-minimal.iso

install
#graphical
text
cdrom
#repo --name="Updates" --baseurl="http://mirrors.centos.org/centos/6.5/updates/x86_64/" --cost=98
repo --name="Updates" --baseurl="http://local.mirror/pub/centos/6.5/updates/x86_64/" --cost=500
skipx
lang en_US.UTF-8
keyboard us
timezone UTC
rootpw changeme
firewall --enabled --port=22:tcp
authconfig --enableshadow --passalgo=sha512
selinux --enforcing
network --bootproto=dhcp
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=sda,sdb,sdc  --append="crashkernel=0x0"
firstboot --disabled
zerombr
clearpart --drives=sda --all
autopart
%packages --nobase
%end
reboot --eject
%post --log=/root/postinstall.log
/sbin/restorecon -R -v /
%end

I suspect that you are using a 6.4 iso and 6.5/updates from your kernel
version in your previous emails.

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)