[CentOS] Disk usage incorrectly reported by du

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Mar 19 18:37:41 UTC 2014

On 3/19/2014 6:36 AM, Radu Radutiu wrote:
> I'll modify my rsync command to preserve hard links.

note that on a large file system with a large number of files, thats
VERY expensive, as rsync has to keep a list of every inode number on the
whole file system and verify each directory entry isn't pointing to an
inode its already linked.  if there's a few million files, this data
structure gets HUGE in memory.