[CentOS] OT: DELL PERC H200

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri Mar 21 22:00:03 UTC 2014

On 21/03/14 05:52 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Does anyone know if a PERC H200 is a real RAID controller?  I'm about to
> build a box to CentOS 6.5 (it was Windows...) with RAID 6 on Monday, and
> this PE R610 has this.... I'm familiar with PERC 6 and 7s, but just dunno
> 'bout this one.
>
>           mark

It says it's a hardware RAID controller, but it only supports RAID
levels 0, 1 and 10. That tells me it has no real ASIC and so far as I
can see with google, it doesn't support caching or a BBU. So while it
might be "hardware", I doubt it's "real" in the sense that it can do
parity calcs, read/write reordering and write-back caching.

--
Digimer
access to education?