[CentOS] Changing isolinux/splash.jpg on custom ISO

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 19:05:57 UTC 2014

On 3/22/14, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

>    I want to roll my own ISO and use custom splash.jpg. If I roll the
> ISO with the stock splash.jpg, it works. When I save my own 800x600 .jpg
> as splash.jpg though, I get a black screen. I made sure the permissions
> and ownership was the same.
>
>    Is there a special way that the JPG has to be save for it to be used?

The procedure I know is:

- Create a full color PNG image (holding your own graphic design)
- Create an indexed image of 16 colors based on your full color PNG image?
- Transform the indexed image into LSS format using the correct order
of colors. The LSS format is what isolinux finally reads, not the PNG
image. If the order of colors is not the same in both the indexed
image and the LSS image, the final result may not be displayed as you
expect.

There is some automation around this at:

- https://git.centos.org/blob/sig-core!artwork.git/1200298db99597c567f0e06131941b48aae3f8da/Scripts!Modules!Render!Modules!Files!Modules!Palette!palette.sh

Best Regards,
al.