[CentOS] [CentOS} Does anyone use tcp_wrappers?

Always Learning centos at u62.u22.net
Sun Mar 23 23:03:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 17:43 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Inevitable -  why?  Bits don't just wear out.   Don't break the
> interfaces it uses and software will just keep on working.

In my first two computer jobs characters had 9 bits; now characters have
just 8. Bits do go missing :-)

What is to stop a volunteer making a version for each Centos release ?
and then putting it in a public repository ?   The only difficulty I
foresee is lack of modern (for RHEL/Centos 8) compilation libraries.

I do not influence Red Hat's decisions. Perhaps it would help if a
volunteer maintainer emerged as the new TCP Wrappers champion ?

--
Paul.
England,

   Our systems are exclusively Centos. No Micro$oft Windoze here.