[CentOS] has anybody gotten horde working?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Mar 24 23:38:04 UTC 2014

On 03/24/2014 05:51 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:17 PM,  <benfell at parts-unknown.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Horde seems to be quite the problem child. It sorta kinda looks like
>> session handling is entirely broken.
>>
>> kronolith will let me in, but not for long. Then I get "invalid token"
>> and am bounced back to the home screen.
>>
>> imp won't let me in at all. This behavior is completely broken: I get
>> a log in screen and a message in /var/log/messages about not being
>> authorized for IMP (which is apparently right up there in the list of
>> useless, meaningless error messages).
>>
>> Looking around on the web, I see a google thread about somebody saying
>> kronolith shouldn't reset session data, and Jan Schneider, the horde
>> developer, I think, insisting that it must. He seems to have his own
>> idea about how things should work--and I'm beginning to wonder if it
>> actually does.
>>
>> Has anybody gotten this working?
>>
>> By the way, this is CentOS 6.5.
> If you are starting from scratch building a mail server you might want
> to look at SME server or ClearOS where webmail works out of the box.

It would be my personal preference that we help people run things on
CentOS rather than always recommending another distribution.

Instead of us always saying .. webmail does not work on CentOS .. why
doesn't someone instead create a SIG that makes webmail work on CentOS.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with ClearOS ... I wouldn't know,
I have never used it.  However, this is a CentOS mailing list, not a
ClearOS one, so I would appreciate it if we at least answer the
questions asked concerning setup first before recommending another OS.

I mean, I could also say  ... Use FreeBSD or Microsoft Exchange or
Something on Mac or whatever.

Lets make CentOS better as the default when we can.

If people really, really want to recommend something else then that is
of course fine ... it is a community list after all.  But even if
someone does recommend another OS, if YOU know how to fix the problem on
CentOS ... or ... if a SIG might help, then don't fail to also answer
the original question asked just because someone else recommended "super
whamodyne OS version awesome".