[CentOS] sssd run level get turned off automagically

Arun Khan

knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 06:51:51 UTC 2014

CentOS 6.5 (AMD64)
LDAP DS:  via SSSD

When I did the OS installation (client site), I had turned the service
ON with 'chkconfig sssd on'  and 'chkconfig sssd --list' showed that
it was ON

However, whenever the server has been 'hard' rebooted, 'service sssd
status' shows that it is not running.    'chkconfig sssd --list' shows
it is OFF!

I don't understand how it is automagically turned off.  Any ideas what
could be the problem.

<transcript>

[root at storage ~]# chkconfig sssd --list
sssd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
[root at storage ~]# chkconfig sssd on
[root at storage ~]# chkconfig sssd --list
sssd            0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
[root at storage ~]# service sssd start
Starting sssd:                                             [  OK  ]
[root at storage ~]# service sssd status
sssd (pid  3511) is running...

</transcript>

--
Arun Khan