[CentOS] NVidia, again

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Tue Mar 25 21:36:55 UTC 2014

Got a HBS (y'know, Honkin' Big Server, one o' them technical terms), a
Dell 720 with two Tesla GPUs. I updated the o/s, 6.5, and I cannot get the
GPUs recognized. As a last resort, I d/l NVidia's proprietary
driver/installer, 325, and it builds fine... I've yum removed the
kmod-nvidia I had on the system, nouveau is blacklisted, and when I
reboot, lsmod shows me nvidia loaded, which modinfo tells me looks like
the one I built.... but enum_gpu, which is from a CUDA group, builds...
but can't enumerate the GPUs (how we wake them up for the users). I see
the /dev/nvidia*, and they're a+r, a+w.... Oh, and selinux is permissive.

Anyone got a clue? If I can't get this working, I'm going to have to
downgrade the system several kernels.

       mark