[CentOS] GLIBC_2.7 not found

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Mar 27 12:51:39 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 07:37 AM, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 03/27/2014 08:26 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alexnder,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the info. I know its quite old but I cant update as its running
>>> with cluster suite and its a production unit. Â Moreover its not feasible to
>>> upgrade as I have hundreds for apps and data lying on the system. Backing
>>> all of this not very continent.Â
>> First of all, you can update to 5.10 using yum (a 'yum update' will
>> automagically update to 5.10).  I don't know how this would affect the
>> clustering, though.
>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hersh

>>> Right, you can't. If you install a different glibc than the one provided
>>> by CentOS 5, then your system will be completely broken. The glibc is a
>>> very important and central library set for the system.

>>> Btw. CentOS 5.4 is outdated, vulnerable and the current release is 5.10.
>>> Please update.
>>>
>>> Alexander
>>>
> As I just pointed out in a previous email to the list - I did a yum upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5 and is broke our
> OSPF network. I had to revert back to the last 6.4 kernel to get it working again.

That certainly does happen and individual packages can be excluded (and
the bugs reported) ... but upgrades still need to happen whenever possible.

We have released  4 different kernels since 6.5 (so 5 kernels including
the one on the 6.5 iso ... so keep checking if it works).

Again, these updates happen because there are issues that need to be
fixed, and it is very important that they get applied.