[CentOS] GLIBC_2.7 not found

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Thu Mar 27 13:10:59 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 08:51 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> First of all, you can update to 5.10 using yum (a 'yum update' will
>>> automagically update to 5.10).  I don't know how this would affect the
>>> clustering, though.

>> As I just pointed out in a previous email to the list - I did a yum upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5 and is broke our
>> OSPF network. I had to revert back to the last 6.4 kernel to get it working again.
>>
> That certainly does happen and individual packages can be excluded (and
> the bugs reported) ... but upgrades still need to happen whenever possible.
>
> We have released  4 different kernels since 6.5 (so 5 kernels including
> the one on the 6.5 iso ... so keep checking if it works).
>
> Again, these updates happen because there are issues that need to be
> fixed, and it is very important that they get applied.

Hi Johnny,

First let me thank you and the CentOS team for the great work that you do!

Secondly I don't disagree about the need to keep our systems current, but Hersh indicated that
this was a clustered production system and I was merely pointing out that there could be breakage by
doing an upgrade.

Regards,

--
Stephen Clark