[CentOS] GLIBC_2.7 not found

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Mar 27 13:30:59 UTC 2014

Robert Heller wrote:
> At Thu, 27 Mar 2014 02:52:51 -0700 (PDT) CentOS mailing list
> <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info. I know its quite old but I cant update as its
>> running with cluster suite and its a production unit.  Moreover its not
>> feasible to upgrade as I have hundreds for apps and data lying on the
>> system.Backing all of this not very continent.
>
> First of all, you can update to 5.10 using yum (a 'yum update' will
> automagically update to 5.10).  I don't know how this would affect the
> clustering, though.

Oh, and btw, we have both H/A clusters and heavy-duty scientific computing
clusters. The h/a's have not been any problem upgrading. We're very
cautious on the scientific compute clusters, only because when we went, I
think it was, from 5.x to 6.x, or there were mathematical inconsistencies
that *may* have been from glibc. Those seem to have been resolved, but
they push back until they can verify the results via regression test.

You *do* have a test system or cluster for them to regression test on,
right...?

        mark