[CentOS] Terminal settings

Thu May 1 18:21:07 UTC 2014
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>wrote:

> what is SecureCRT and who needs that?
>
> what's wrong with the ordiany OpenSSh client available on any
> sane system which supports UTF8, colors and what not out of
> the box?

Right, one key information missing: I'm working on a Windows machine, using
SCRT to connect to remote servers - I have no choice, it's company policy.
I should also point out that this only happens on newer systems. I have
some old Fedora and even Redhat machines that don't do that, but I also
suspect that because they are older machines that have not been (or can not
be) upgraded to more recent OS's, that they don't have UTF capability.