[CentOS] Disappearing Network Manager config scripts

Sun May 4 23:27:25 UTC 2014
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 07:22:52PM -0400, Evan Rowley wrote:
> Apparently in Golang's net package, there is a DNS resolver function that's
> called whenever a server is started. That function depends on a working
> /etc/resolv.conf - As per usual, the /etc/resolv.conf file turned out to be
> the blank template NetworkManager always creates. The webserver starts now,
> but this /etc/resolv.conf will certainly be blown away by NetworkManager
> the next time the network service restarts.

Are you not getting a _correct_ resolv.conf from NetworkManager? Why not?

This doesn't seem like it is Go related at all -- if you want any DNS to be
working at all, pretty much all resolvers need that file.

> I have one idea as to why this problem persists. This file:
> ll /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> Is it meant to be executable? Being a configuration file, I'm assuming it
> doesn't need to be. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. This is not your problem.