[CentOS] What's up with Firefox/Thundrebird

Fri Nov 28 14:01:17 UTC 2014
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 11/27/2014 11:58 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 00:53:25 -0500
> Mark LaPierre wrote:
>
>> So, how can I blow away or correct that corrupted history db?
>
> mv ~/.mozilla ~/mozilla-old
>
> Load firefox.  See if the problem has gone away.

in addition, if above works, close firefox and thunderbird.

open file browser in 'details' and 'show hidden' mode.

in your home directory, open ~/.cache/mozilla/firefox/. delete the
*.default directories.

next, open ~/.cache/thunderbird/. delete the *.default directories.

  mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla-new
  mv ~/.mozilla-old ~/.mozilla

both firefox and thunderbird will recreate their ~/.cache paths.

open thunderbird and w/out firefox as you usually do. locate email
with hot link, click to see what happens.

post back results.

after, i will post an easy way to archive firefox and thunderbird
for easy recovery.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.