[CentOS] CentOS Update

Gökhan Öztürk

guneyligokhan.15 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:44:32 UTC 2014

Hello. Previously debian, ubuntu, opensuse, I've used. But I'm new to CentOS
too. I do not install desktop environment. Servers want to learn. I can not
update the system. I could not so I researched. I give the following command
. "yum update". I get the error. I'm working on a virtual machine. (I do
not know English. Translation I wrote using.)

      One of the configured repositories failed (hand),
  and yum does not have enough cached data to continue. At this point the
only
  yum can do is fail safe thing. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

      1 Contact the repository for the upstream and get them to fix the
problem.

      2 Reconfigure the BaseURL / etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
         upstream. This is most often the Useful if you are using a new
         release distribution than is supported by the repository (and the
         for the previous release distribution packages still work).

      3 Disable the repository, so yum will not use it by default. When will
the Yuma
         just ignore the repository until you enable it again or use
permanently
         --enablerepo for temporary usage:

             yum-config-manager --disable hand

      4 Configure the repository failing to be skipped, if it is unavailable
.
         Note that yum will try to contact the repo. most commands when it
runs,
         so will have to try and fail each time (and plenty of sunshine. Yum
Will be much
         slower). If it is a very temporary problem, though, this is often a
nice
         compromise:

             yum-config-manager of --sav --setopt = el.skip_if_unavailabl =
true

Connot find a valid baseurl for repo: base / 7x86_64

"vi" with CentOS-Base.repo, CentOS-Debuginfo.repo, CentOS-Vault.repo, CentOS
-Sources.repo files "enabled = 1" line as I did. But "soft repolist all"
command when I type "status = 0" is displayed.