[CentOS] where can i find fbset package

Tue Jul 7 20:07:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 10:52:55AM -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 6:45 AM, kqt4at5v at gmail.com wrote:
> >where can i find the fbset package for centos 6
>
> as far as I can tell, fbset hasn't been updated since the 90s, its a piece
> of history, I doubt it has any place in a modern X system.

That might be true, but I see its still packaged and available in
Fedora.  Its possible that it is completely nonfunctional, it looks
like it has just been rebuilt without changes since 2009.

The latest fedora srpm for rawhide builds as an el6 package, so I
suspect it's not changing that much.

I don't see anything on Red Hat's site mentioning it was removed.

However, it looks like 'busybox' has a fbset command.  Does running
'busybox fbset' work for you?