[CentOS] mcrypt 2.6.8 on centos 6

Fri Jul 10 11:14:54 UTC 2015
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

I downloaded mcyrpt 2.6.8, untar, cd into the tree and did
./configure and I get errors.

checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for libmcrypt-config... no
checking for libmcrypt - version >= 2.5.0... no
*** Could not run libmcrypt test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means LIBMCRYPT was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved LIBMCRYPT since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the libmcrypt-config script: no
configure: error: *** libmcrypt was not found

I'm still on ./configure  not the make

Anyone installed from source? I found libmcrypt on a fedora repo but its
only 2.5.8

Thanks!

Jerry