[CentOS] CentOS9 as VBox guest - kernel panic

Thu Jan 19 17:53:02 UTC 2023
Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net>

There were no replies to this question.  After digging in a bit, I found
a way to make it work.  I made two changes, and it is not clear whether
one or the other - or both - were needed.

Change one - Upgrade to VirtualBox 7.0.6.  Among the items listed in the
changelog for this version is compatibility with RHEL 9 guests.

Change two - In the Settings - Basic screen of the guest I changed its
type from "RedHat 64-bit" to "RHEL 9.x 64-bit."

The ISO for network install booted and ran through with no errors.

Hopefully others can benefit from my experience.

Bill Gee