[CentOS] Mirror problems with elfutils-debuginfod-client

Sun Jun 25 06:38:07 UTC 2023
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 24/06/2023 17:51, Chris Adams wrote:
> The package elfutils-debuginfod-client is needed for even a minimal
> install, but it is not available on most mirrors.  I suspect some are
> excluding mirroring debuginfo packages with just a *debuginfo* pattern
> to rsync, where they should do something like *-debuginfo-*.rpm (which
> should be good for now as I don't see any package with just "debuginfo"
> in the name, even in Fedora).

It's probably because they are syncing from the 'CentOS-Stream-nodebug'
module
(https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors#CentOS_Stream_9)
which had a exclude filter maybe going to far (and so excluding *debuginfo*)
It was now modified to include back *debuginfod-client* so in theory (if
that's really the one they use and that they don't filter it at their
side), it should appear everywhere soon.

Created https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1202 to track this

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | @arrfab[@fosstodon.org]