[CentOS] PHP error message when running yum update on CentOS 7

Fri Mar 17 16:23:03 UTC 2023
Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>

On 2023-03-14 2:25 p.m., H wrote:

> Running yum update on a CentOS 7.9 server today I encountered the following error:
>
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imap.so' (tried: /usr/lib64/php/modules/imap.so (/usr/lib64/php/modules/imap.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/modules/imap.so.so (/usr/lib64/php/modules/imap.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
>
> How do I handle this error?

Are you using the system default PHP?

Running 'yum provides "/usr/lib64/php/modules/imap.so"' will tell you
which package includes that file; looks like it would be part of
php-imap from EPEL.

You might have an orphaned php.ini file in /etc/php.d but the module was
uninstalled or incompletely installed at some point?

----
Nels Lindquist
<nlindq at maei.ca>