[Arm-dev] Status recap

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Apr 25 12:29:28 UTC 2014

On 04/25/2014 05:18 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> Johnny's been working on some of the builds, he's got the entire
> rhel7beta source tree in the build queue - which seems to mostly just
> work / just-build, with a few execptions.
>
> I'll ask him to post the build results / fails from that and then we can
> move into trying the same thing with rhel7rc, this time we can
> co-ordinate the build from git.centos.org and have build lots / reports
> posted.
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-build-reports/  is the list
> setup to recieve all build logs from the centos-7 builders ( we will
> eventually move that to include centos5 and 6 as well ), should we send
> the ARM reports there as well ? ( might get hectic ) or should we use
> this list ?
>
> - KB

So, just a quick set of stats and info:

we have four A9 machines and one A15 machine, all provided by Boston
Limited ... Thanks David :)

So far with respect to rhel7b1 builds ... here are the SRPM stats:

Total in QUEUE:  2519

Completed builds (with RPMs):  2231

Failed builds:   270

Still in the Queue:  18

We did have a couple of JAVA packages that actually hung while building
.. which caused a long delay.  Not sure why yet.

I have no idea what caused the failed builds or if all the packages that
completed are in working order, etc.

But before we start troubleshooting those, I figure a trip through
rhel7rc1 is in order now.

I would say that 2500 emails is a lot for everyone to look at (and maybe
a couple times through the SRPM list, so 2 or 3 times that) ... maybe a
spot where all the build logs go instead would be better?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes