[Arm-dev] what boards do we all have ?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 8 02:26:05 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 09:47 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 02:16 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> On 08/07/2014 08:27 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> as a show of hands, can we get a list of :
>>> 1) boards we have at the moment
>> Cubieboard 2
> I've got a bunch of Cubietrucks, and we have access to some highbank and
> medway boards which are both great for building stuff on

I currently have ONE Cubieboard2, and am looking to buy a few more from
George.  He tells me he is finishing up an new Baseboard with some
worthwhile features.  Hasn't worked out the price yet.

The only reason for me to go with a CubieTruck is the more memory,
particularly for replacing my DNS server.  I actually run my DNS on a
2Gb i686 system.  Just the power savings moving to the CT would have an
18 mo ROI.

But my mail server might be an issue to move if I get into heavy
STARTTLS usage.

>>> 2) Boards we would like to have in say the next 6 to 8 months
>> CubieTruck
>> maybe Cubieboard 4, depending on price.
>>
>>> 3) boards that dont make either of those two lists, but what folks think
>>> might be worth targetting anyway
>> Beaglebone(s)
> How about the Freescale iMX6 like the Wandboard ?

I was thinking of adding them to the list.