[Arm-dev] what boards do we all have ?

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Fri Aug 8 07:28:41 UTC 2014

There are many ARM machines including the hugely popular
Sheva/Guru/Dream Plugs and R-Pi that are < ARMv7. They all meet the spec
you list but won't work if the distro is targeting armv7hl.

My lost of ARMv5 hardware is:
ShevaPlug
GuruPlug
DreamPlug
QNAP TS-421 (NAS)

All of the above are Marvell Kirkwood based.

ARMv6:
VIA APC

ARMv7:
Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 2)
Compulab TrimSlice (Tegra 2)
Samsung Chromebook 1 (Exynos)
Cornfed Conserved (iMX6)
Solidrun Cubox-i (iMX6?)
Arndale OCTA (Samsung?)

My next planned acquisition as far as ARM machines are concerned is
Chromebook 2.

Karanbir Singh <kbsingh at centos.org> wrote:

On 08/08/2014 01:33 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 08/08/2014 01:27 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> as a show of hands, can we get a list of :
>> 1) boards we have at the moment
>
> I'm going to hazard a guess there isn't any point in even mentioning
> anything that isn't at least ARMv7?

well, if people want to come along and do the work for other platforms,
I dont see why we should block that. But realistically, I've been
working on the assumption that 512MB of ram and 400Mhz+ is perhaps the
lowest end we should try and target resource wise.

>> 2) Boards we would like to have in say the next 6 to 8 months
>>
>> 3) boards that dont make either of those two lists, but what folks
>> think
>> might be worth targetting anyway
>
> Am I right in assuming the main purpose of this question is for
> determining which kernel builds are worth trying to provide?

At the moment, I am trying to workout what sort of resources we might
want to pool in for the builder, testing side.

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS