[Arm-dev] Project status

Marcin Trendota moonwolf.rh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 17:04:31 UTC 2014

Dnia wtorek, 2 grudnia 2014 7:54:25 AM Robert Moskowitz pisze:

> > I'd like to know what is the status if arm-dev project? I recently
> > bought A20- OlinuXino-MICRO board
> > (https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-MICRO) and successfully
> > run it with their official Linux image. But it's Debian...
> And another Allwinner user!

Not yet exactly (:) i'm at pretty early stage of research - but this
looks promising (also the price).

[...]
> Here are the general instructions for installing the beta:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation
> Your board is supported in the uboot:
> /usr/share/uboot/A20-OLinuXino_MICRO
> You will have to do the manual install for your uboot.  Once you
> figure it out, you might want to tell Paul what changes to make to
> his install script to support your board (I provided him with the
> Cubieboard2 change).

This board has bootloader included as it seems.

> You will have to do the following mod to get the serial console
> working with this uboot:
> Modify the following line in  __boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf adding the
> console line.
>          append ro root=UUID=b6a0bdb6-46ac-4206-b116-72e95429cfcd
> console=ttyS0,115200

And it works! As for now it fall into endless loop throwing many errors
(with FS also) - i need to investigate it further. Maybe i will write
card again?

> I **think** I have provided you everything I have learned about
> getting the F21 beta working.  This is stuff we will have to follow
> for the Centos7-arm port.

And it was very helpful indeed! Many, many thanks!

> I'd say get the F21 working on your board.  Perhaps join the
> fedora-arm list.  Get familiar with your board with redhatish stuff
> until we finally get this port underway.  Centos7 is built on F19, so
> there is enough common still in F21.

Yes, there is for sure long way ahead of me. I'll need to dig deeper
(uboot stuff for example is magic for me right now as it worked OOTB).

Good to know there's a point to begin. Thanks again, you saved me a lot
of time and frustration at the beginning.

--
Over And Out
MoonWolf