[Arm-dev] Project status

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Dec 3 18:10:48 UTC 2014

On 12/03/2014 09:40 AM, Marcin Trendota wrote:
> Last entry - i successfully installed Fedora 21 on microSD card, put U-Boot on
> it (same way as for BananaPi and CubieTruck) and boot system (even modification
> in extlinux.conf wasn't necessary and still i have serial console available).
> As for now it works.

Welcome to the party.  I have been using that serial console append
since the problem first came up.  They said  there would be a fix
eventually; seems like they may have.  So next test I will leave it;
worst case the test won't work because no console and I will have to
rebuild the card image.

I have been exchanging emails with the Redhat uboot developer who is an
Allwinner user (and has done much of the Allwinner work for uboot).  He
has video working, but you have to build your own uboot.  I am working
on this.  It also supposedly takes kernel => 3.19, and right now Rawhide
(pre F22 beta) is only at 3.18.  I am waiting for him to get back to me
on how to get a 3.19 kernel into a rawhide image for testing.

He said still no wifi, but he DOES have a sata multiplexer working:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-To-5-SATA-2-0-Port-Multiplier-Card-3Gbps-SATAII-Riser-card-/281383006276?pt=US_Internal_Port_Expansion_Cards&hash=item4183bbf044

Again, you need the newer uboot and kernel.

armv7 is very much a moving target.  The longer it takes us to get
going, the more we may have working!

Of course, Gordon's approach is also valid.  Use the manufacture's buggy
uboot and kernel and go with that.  Thing is, you are locked into that
kernel and kernel updates will get very messy.