[Arm-dev] Getting started / Build machines

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jul 30 13:34:22 UTC 2014

If I better understood the build process, I would spend the $100 for
another Cubie if needed.  Going to have to get another one for the
server anyway.  Thing is will the C2 with 1GB memory be enough, or the
Ctruck with 2GB memory?  I have 2 production Intel servers that I would
be interested in replacing.  First my DNS server, onlo.htt-consult.com.
All it runs is DNS; I would like to get DNSSEC working at some point.
z9n9z is my mial server.  I built a C6 replacement for it, but still
have not rolled it out.  Minimally I would do a C7 build on the
replacement hardware to check out all of the components before trying
this on arm.

Finally my Win server is ClearOS.  Would be nice to bring that into the
fold (at least ClearOS was closer to my target than AMAHI was). Oh and
Medon is a test/web server.  So actually there are 4 systems I would
like to move over to arm.  At that point, I would just order 5 systems
direct and save a few bucks.  But I have to know it will work.  Yearend
is OK target date.