[Arm-dev] 5 armv7 nodes available from online.net

Troy Dawson yortnoswad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 20:53:45 UTC 2015

I managed to get in on online.net's free testing.  These are very nice.
If you are used to working on a beagleboard and/or an arm board that
doesn't have much memory, or uses an sdcard, you won't believe the
difference.  In the words of my daughter ... "much speed".
About the only thing that is slow is when you have to power them up from a
cold start, cuz they have to unarchive your drive and attach it to your arm.
Anyway, if your employer, or someone wonders why you are doing arm stuff,
point them at these guys.
Troy
p.s. They are not called Scaleway.  They changed their name when they went
from testing to production and charging.
https://www.scaleway.com/
p.p.s.  If you are having issues with some of the packages that take alot
of memory (xulrunner, java-1.8 ...etc), build them on these guys.