[Arm-dev] ARM Development Hardware

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Fri Apr 17 16:03:12 UTC 2015

> On 04/17/2015 10:38 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> Is this the new RPi 2 which is an armv7 duo core?  No sata though.
>> I was speaking about the older Pis ( that's what I have around ) but
>> even the newer RPi is still slow compared to the other boards due to
>> the lower frequency they operate at.
>
> Good to know.  I priced them out compared to the Cubieboard2, and by
> the time I added things that come 'standard' from my West coast Cubie
> dealer, they were the same price.

I performed some test in the second half of 2013. They required
processor power (real time image processing) and results indicated that
RPi < BBB < Cubie2 < Odroids. The older RPi has issues even displaying a
decent CSS in firefox. And in order to compile a newer network driver
for the RPi, after spending 20 mins watching bits flow by in a make
<whatever that was>, I killed the job on the RPi and did a cross compile
on the U3. 6 min later the new driver was in place and the RPi was
happily using it.

Mandar:  Depending on budget, I'd go with either Cubietruck (
http://www.cubietruck.com/products/cubietruck-cubieboard3-cortex-a7-dual-core-2gb-ram-8gb-flash-with-wifi-bt-1
) -- maybe shipped directly from a Chinese supplier (I purchased my
Cubie2 from eleduino.com but other options exist) or with an Odroid: XU3
( or XU3 lite) if budget permits or U3 otherwise ( I got my first one
directly from Hardkernel.com ( S Korea ) as they ship more or less
worldwide )