[Arm-dev] ARM Development Hardware

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Sat Apr 25 19:22:05 UTC 2015

On 04/20/2015 07:02 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:33:53AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>> On 04/17/2015 09:46 AM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
>>> Hello everybody,
>>> I was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys about which ARM
>>> development hardware to purchase.
>>>
>>> The hardware will have just one purpose; compiling and testing CentOS.
>>> With this in mind I'm leaning towards something Quad Core, good amount
>>> of RAM,NAND Flash, SATA and that has a heatsink . Does SATA seem
>>> reasonable or will a USB HDD serve just as well?
>>>
>>> I live in Mumbai, India. So, I might not have all the options you guys
>>> have. I might be able to get Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, Cubie Board,
>>> Radxa, Banana Pi or Odroid from these guys https://www.crazypi.com/ or
>>> http://www.greenindiaelectronics.com/
>>>
>>> If anyone from India is reading this, please do suggest reliable sellers.
>> I have Cubieboards for testing once there are builds for me to work with.  I
>> am quite happy with them, but the A20 is only a duo core. The Cubieboard 4
>> is a octo core, but they left off the sata and only a single otg usb.
>   it's not symetric octo too, it's big/little so only 4 powerful cores IIRC
>
>> Then there is the Wandboards.  Pricey compared to Cubies, but there is a
>> nice quad core with sata.  A friend of mine is running his audio streaming
>> server on one with F21.
> Daniel

You might look at the Cubox I4 Pro from Solid Run.  It is a quad core
armv7 i.mx6 with an ESATA interface and 2GB of RAM.  I know that Solid
Run will ship internationally (from Israel).  If you buy it from them
direct it is clocked at 1Ghz, however Newegg was selling a version
clocked at 1.2Ghz (which is the one that I have).  The Newegg version is
out of stock right now.  I'm not sure if they will have more.  There is
a vendor on Amazon UK selling the 1GHZ version.

Cubox also has HDMI 1080p graphics, 1GB ethernet (limited to 470MBps),
optical S/PDIF audio.  It's probably a bit more expensive than some of
the others.  I got mine for about $100 US when Newegg had them on Sale.

I currently have Arch linux installed, but will try to get CentOS
running when I have time.  I'm pretty sure people have installed fedora
on this as well.

http://www.solid-run.com/products/cubox-i-mini-computer/cubox-i-specifications/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815580007&cm_re=cubox-_-15-580-007-_-Product

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CuBox-i4Pro-from-New-IT/dp/B00BXIZASK