[Arm-dev] ARM Development Hardware

Fri Apr 17 13:51:10 UTC 2015
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 04/17/2015 04:46 PM, Mandar Joshi wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I was hoping to get some suggestions from you guys about which ARM
> development hardware to purchase.
>
> The hardware will have just one purpose; compiling and testing CentOS.
> With this in mind I'm leaning towards something Quad Core, good amount
> of RAM,NAND Flash, SATA and that has a heatsink . Does SATA seem
> reasonable or will a USB HDD serve just as well?
>
> I live in Mumbai, India. So, I might not have all the options you guys
> have. I might be able to get Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, Cubie Board,
> Radxa, Banana Pi or Odroid from these guys https://www.crazypi.com/ or
> http://www.greenindiaelectronics.com/
I am very happy with the Odroid U3s I have, they are much faster than BB
and there is no comparison towards RPi. RPi are cheap but very very very
slow. If you are interested just in raw horsepower, Odroid XU3 are a
better option, but more expensive

      Manuel

PS: did I mention that RPi are very very very slow ?