[Arm-dev] sata boot

Nicolas nicolas at shivaserv.fr
Wed Aug 26 14:07:51 UTC 2015

Hello

Actually the bananapi works well on sata, the /boot is on the sdcard and / on sata disk.

Nicolas Repentin
<nicolas at shivaserv.fr>

Le 26 août 2015 16:04, Robert Moskowitz a écrit:
I have not tested this yet, as I am working on the sernet stuff first,
but...

The version of uboot we are using supports sata boot.  Kind of.

You still need a microSD card that ONLY has uboot on it.  Thus it can be
a small, cheap, mSD card.  You put all of your partitions on your sata
drive and it SHOULD boot right up.  I have tested this in F22, but I
have not done it yet with the pre-alpha and my Cubies.  I believe it
works with the BananaPi as well (and other Allwinner SOCs with sata).
You cannot put uboot on NAND yet, don't try until Hans reports he has it
working, and he has higher priority work items. If you want to boot from
USB HD, ask me, and I will send you the notes Hans sent me; he is open
to someone else doing the little bit of work for this and he would see
it gets upstream.

I have also ordered a sata multiplexer board that Hans uses.  I want
more than one sata drive on my file server.  It also allows for RAID if
that is your druthers.  I will report when I get it working.

Finally uboot 2015.10 is wrapping up and it probably will include
Cubietruck WiFi support.  Of course you can add a WiFi usb dongle now,
but it will be nice to be able to use the included wifi.