[Arm-dev] phpmyadmin

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 28 14:18:51 UTC 2015

On 08/28/2015 10:13 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 08/28/2015 08:43 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>> On 08/28/2015 09:22 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> But we have to stabilize what we want in os/ (ie, decide on a full
>>> armv7hl package set and get it built in the 7.1 release tree) .. THEN do
>>> updates/ ... THEN add extra packages like epel or sernet rpms or
>>> whatever.  Otherwise, we are never going to be able to release this
>>> stuff.
>> Johnny,
>>
>> I am all for staying off the Internet and not doing extras.
>>
>> My box is on a lab subnet behind 2 levels of firewalls and NATs. SHOULD
>> be safe; except from myself!
>>
>> Not much I know how to test.  I CAN build some mariadb stuff and try
>> that out, but then I need some epel tools.  Well maybe not, if I copy
>> the production db over.
>>
>> BIND is 'easy', provided I have a Cubieboard2 image.  Nothing there but
>> bind and httpd.
>>
>> sernet gets me testing a number of different things, and it DOES seem
>> that really all I need extra is in those sernet rpms that Nicolas was so
>> kind to build.  I can stay at what I have for some time.
>>
>> I did back off on epel once i realized I was barking up the wrong tree;
>> and you are right that we (ie the developers) need to get more of the
>> basics available.  I am booting with the original kernel, as the kernel
>> update did not work, and I am not going to spend time learning how to
>> fix this.
>>
> Right .. we also need to know the steps involved in fixing the kernel
> updates, so we can then put those in a post and postun step in the kenel
> SRPM.  If we can document every step to make the updates happen via the
> command line then I should be able to take the commands and come up with
> a script.  This would be a huge help as well.

I am no help.  For Fedora-arm, I just use their installer.

> I know rpi2 uses a proprietary kernel. We would need a way to test for
> that and NOT run the script to make those machines get an updated kernel
> in the /boot/ partition, etc.

One of the reasons I will not go with rpi.

> WRT new images, one can rebuild an image from rbf and use the new kernel
> for cubietruck and the other boards that actually use the CentOS kernel
> and not their own kernel. Obviously if you use the entire new image, you
> loose your current setup. Another option would be to sync the /boot/
> partition from the new kernel over the /boot/ partition on the machine
> after installing the rpm. (I have not tested that yet, but I think it
> would work for things that use the CentOS kernel)

For now, I have no problems with trashing what I have and starting with
a new mSD card layout.  I have documented what I have done and can redo
it without the missteps.

I will not be doing any rbf building.

>> You get me images, I will do my best to test.
> BTW, I didn't want to sound harsh before and I do want to get this done.
>   But I don't want anyone getting hacked because we are currently doing
> updates, etc.  So wanted the warning to go out, etc.   :)

Hey, I have been reading your posts on the Centos list for how long have
you been working on it?  :)