[Arm-dev] Please add ntpd to minimum build

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Aug 31 10:12:36 UTC 2015

Probably be doing this anyway?  but..

The first thing I have to do on a new image (other than set root
password) is to get ntpd running to get the current date/time as no
battery rtc.  It is bad enough that all the boot messages have the wrong
time, but at least to get the time as soon as possible.

BTW, I suggested some time ago on the Fedora-arm list a service that
regularly (perhaps every 5 min) writes the current date/time to a file.
At boot time, a script reads this and sets the date/time so that the
boot messages (and if network has problems) is closer to the actual time
rather than reporting it is 1970.