[Arm-dev] What's the best support hardware model ?

Gordan Bobic gordan at redsleeve.org
Tue Dec 1 10:22:41 UTC 2015

I didn't think Centos 7 armv7hl is GA yet. Did I miss the big
release announcement?

For low CPU intensity tasks, especially if you require something
neat and tidy, I would suggest something like a QNAP NAS (e.g. I
run a QNAP TS-421 with EL7, 2GHz armv5tel CPU, 1GB of RAM). If
you need less than that, a Tonido Plug is a reasonable choice
(800MHz CPU, 512MB of RAM, internal SATA 2.5" disk slot).

The main problem I have with various dev boards (and let's
face it, most ARM hardware is just dev boards no matter how
they are marketed) is that the only choice you have for
avoiding a mess of gangling cables and exposed PCBs is to
get busy building cases out of lego. Hence the above
recommendations.

Gordan